Monday 26 January 2015

We will be reopening on the 4th of February


If you have a bit of life to waste and want to enhance your chances of an anxiety attack then this is for you.
Katie has kindly filled us in on her latest  "adventures" 
*IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS SLEEPING, THIS MAY BE THE ANSWER *
I’m on holiday and for some reason I seem to think that flying solo deserves a memoir. Well it's hot and the sea calls me every morning, afternoon and evening. I answer it in the morning and the afternoon, but not in the evening, as I'm alone and (actually this will be the next thing, I enjoy punishing myself) I’m too scared to night swim alone!  
The plane here was very nearly and, I'm not quite sure how, NOT missed.  I arrived home after a trip to London, half of it spent on a bus, quarter of it spent alone at a bar watching my friend work, and the other quarter watching my friend try to book me accommodation for my holiday.  I was in denial, I don't like flying and had not sorted anything out.  This denial continued when I got off the bus in Bristol. I phoned another friend for a drink which carried on until 1 in the morning.  I then cycled in search of chocolate revels far past my home address, which is already a good half hour cycle.  I didn't find revels so I cycled back down the hill home - yes I was going up hill for those revels.  It is now two thirty and I have done nothing.  So I try to check in on line, as Ryan air like us to do this.  They also not only want you to print your booking details but your boarding passes!  I didn't know this till three am and I do not have a printer.  I'm not panicked because I, kind of, don't want to go.  I pack my bag and I call a taxi to get me at four thirty AM and I go to bed.  I get up on time, the taxi comes, and he is very very nice.  I ask him if he can take me to a cash line which he does. I don't have my bank card!  Shit shit shit.  I get back in the taxi very nonchalant and ask to be driven back home. I find my card in my coat pocket and have a look for a scarf ( I just wanted to make sure I hadn't lost it).  I can't find it - slightly panicked about this.  I'd like to point out that I am not in the slightest bit panicked by my possible flight missing.  I go back to taxi and ask him if he has seen my scarf? No he hasn’t,  but panic over, I have! It’s in my bag.  We drive to the airport.  £30 for that, and for the lack of boarding pass £15 and thirty minutes trying to print the bloody thing on a shitty airport computer that eats your money. So actually total cost for boarding pass was £18 and a very near flight miss, Last call for boarding flight was called as I was being searched for danger.     
As I was running for the flight I was kind of hoping that I would miss it, but oh no here we go I'm on it and off I go! 
And here I am in the Canary Islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment